![]() |
| A Beginning! |
I have decided to write about products, companies, and other random stuff and events that I use and/or experience. I'm not going to use this blog like a journal, but more like a logbook of stuff I like and dislike.
I just got home from manning our booth at the Modern Day Marine Trade Show on Marine Corps Base Quantico. There were hundreds of companies in attendance showing off some pretty cool military hardware and personal gear. I may spend a few weeks writing about some of these companies and their specific products. If you are living near Quantico, Camp Lejeune, or Camp Pendleton you need to make the effort to attend one of these shows. If you do, make sure to stop by the MilitaryByOwner booth and say hello.
One of the things I like best about attending the Modern Day Marine series of trade shows is bumping into Marines that I served with in the past. Today was a great day for that... I ran into a Marine that was in my squad at TBS. I had another Marine stop by our booth that was our PAO on 15th MEU. Another that I slugged to the Navy Annex with on the painful commute up highway 95. We always throw a few names out to see if the other guy has heard from a long lost buddy. Most of the time they are just brief encounters, but I take some comfort in knowing they still have a heartbeat and are moving along with their lives.
So I'll close this first post and cross my fingers that I can stick with this. This is my little experiment. I hope I'm right.

So far so good. I like the concept and the content. I'm looking forward to your next post.
ReplyDelete